What Is Salsa?
Take it from us – it’s cheaper (and more fun) than therapy! Happy vibes + fun + energy = SALSA 💃 Dance your worries away with us every Monday (beginners) & Thursday (improvers + rueda)! Seriously can’t wait to share our salsa love with you guys this year! 💃
First beginner class ever with Us is FREE – No partner required – No experience needed for beginner class.
What is salsa Dance?
Salsa is a Latin dance that originated in South America. One of the style of salsa is called Cuban Salsa (also called Casino) and is originated from Cuba. It is one of the most popular style and is now danced all over the world. The movements are fast and energetic, and the music is often upbeat and lively. Salsa dancing is a great way to get exercise and have fun at the same time. It can be danced alone or with a partner, and there are no rules about how to do it.
What are the different type of Salsa dancing?
Here are the main types”
– Cuban Salsa,
– LA Salsa (also called portorican salsa or Puerto Rican Salsa, Salsa on 1 or salsa on 2)
– Colombian salsa ( also called Cali salsa if coming from Cali)
This is NOT to be confounded with salsa molcajeteada !
History of salsa dance
Salsa is a popular dance that originated in the Afro-Caribbean community. The precise origins of salsa are disputed, but it is thought to have roots in the Cuban rumba and other African dances. It is typically danced to Latin American music, which has a strong rhythmic beat. The dance moves are fast and energetic, and often involve complex footwork and body movements. Salsa dancing is enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities, and is a popular choice for both social dancing and competitive events. While it has its origins in the Afro-Caribbean community, it is now enjoyed by people all over the world.
Salsa dance steps
Salsa dance steps can be learned in dance classes in your local dance schools. You can also learn them online through dance tutorials. The steps vary depending on the style of salsa you want to dance. If you want to dance Cuban style, you need to learn different steps than if you want to dance New York style salsa.
In general, though, there are some basic salsa dance steps that all dancers should know. For example, the cross-body lead is a fundamental step in many styles of salsa. To do this move, the follower crosses their right arm over their left and grasp the leader’s left hand. The leader then places their right hand on the follower’s hip and guides them around in a circle. Other basic steps include the backward ocho and the forward ocho. With practice, you’ll be able to master these moves and enjoy dancing salsa with your friends.
We did a series of Free dance tutorial for you:
Salsa Dance Tutorial
Benefits of salsa dance
Salsa dance is not only a great way to get some exercise, but it also has a number of other benefits.
- For starters, salsa dancing is a great way to meet new people and make new friends. The social nature of the dance means that it is easy to strike up conversations with other dancers, and you are likely to meet people from all walks of life.
- In addition, it is a great way to learn about other cultures. The dance originated in Latin America, and so dancing it gives you a chance to experience the music and culture of this region.
- It is also a great way to boost your confidence. Learning new moves and becoming more skilled at the dance can help to increase your self-esteem, and performing in front of an audience can be a great feeling. Whether you are looking for a new hobby or a way to improve your health and wellbeing, salsa dancing is definitely worth trying.
- Finally, learning how to dance salsa will help you improve your coordination while having fun!
How to learn salsa dance
The basic steps are relatively simple, but there is a lot of room for creativity and individuality. To learn salsa, start by watching videos or taking classes from a qualified instructor at your local dance studio. As you become more familiar with the steps, you can start to experiment with different moves and adding your own flair. Be sure to practice regularly, so that you can keep your skills sharp and enjoy the dance for years to come.
Where to find salsa classes in your area
Salsa is a popular dance that originated in Cuba and is now danced all over the world. If you’re interested in learning how to salsa, there are plenty of classes available in most communities. Here are a few places to look for salsa classes near you:
1. Dance studios. Many dance studios offer classes for all levels, from beginners to advanced. Check the studio’s website or give them a call to find out if they offer salsa classes. If you are on the Gold Coast, we offer Dance lessons and Dance fitness classes.
2. Community centers. Community centers often have a wide variety of classes and activities available, including dance classes. Call or check the center’s website to see if they offer classes.
3. Parks and recreation departments. Many cities and towns offer dance classes through their parks and recreation departments. Check the department’s website or give them a call to find out if they offer salsa classes.
4. Online Classes. If you can’t find a locally-offered class that works for you, there are also many excellent online salsa classes available. A quick search will turn up plenty of options.
With a little effort, you should be able to find salsa classes that fit your schedule and your budget. So get out there and start dancing!
Looking for Latin dance Classes? Join us at https://passada.com.au
Lessons in a professional but FUN & relaxed setting with friendly qualified instructors
Dancing is supposed to be fun! If you’ve always wanted to learn how to dance but have found it to be intimidating, then it’s high time you join us. Simply walk in through our doors and we’ll have someone waiting there for you with warm and welcoming smiles. When you join our dance classes, we make sure that you’ll feel at home, and it may even feel like you’ve known us for years!
You don’t just learn steps and moves. It’s not just steps; it’s about offering a cultural experience. You will learn the dance PLUS a bit about the culture from which the dance derives. Best salsa classes at Passada Dance. Salsa Bundall Classes available!
Latin Dance Shoes Australia
Here at Latin dance Shoes Australia, you will find a unique combination of sexy yet comfortable heels and dancing shoes. Our collection of heels range from vibrant, colourful African inspired fashions to edgy killer heels. Their unique designs ensure that you’ll be on your feet all day (or night!) without the pain!
We also have a range of gorgeous unique accessories to go with your dance shoes.