Dancehall Dance Routine For Beginners | Best Dancehall Moves Female – If you are looking for a fun workout routine while learning some new dancehall moves, this is the place to be! We will be sharing our latest video bellow of our dancehall choreo! Hope you have some fun today with it!
Dancehall Dance Routine
Without further due, here is our latest dancehall dance routine for beginners! We will be uploading a lot more dancehall video in the near future, so stay tuned and bookmark this page for a fun dance workout routine!
What is Dancehall & Dancehall Dance?
Dancehall, a genre of popular music originating in Jamaica in the late 1970s, is a subgenre of reggae and shares many of its musical elements. It utilizes instruments such as rhythm guitar, bass guitar, and drums, but sets itself apart by having a quicker tempo and a heavier reliance on electronic instrumentation, like drum machines and synthesizers.
Dancehall is recognized for its unique vocal style that employs toasting (rhythmic chanting) and deejaying (rhythmic speaking) with lyrics that can be sexually explicit or socially and politically conscious. Additionally, dancehall culture includes various dance styles, such as the well-known “daggering” dance, that are performed to the music.
Dancehall has grown in popularity worldwide, with artists such as Shabba Ranks, Beenie Man, and Vybz Kartel achieving international success over time.
Benefits of dancehall dance - Workout & Coordination
Dancehall dance offers numerous benefits that can improve both physical and mental health. Here are two of the most prominent benefits of dancehall dance:
Workout: Dancehall dance is an excellent way to get a cardio workout while having fun. The fast-paced, high-energy dance moves require a lot of physical exertion and can burn a significant amount of calories. Dancing regularly can help you maintain a healthy weight, increase your stamina and endurance, and improve your overall fitness level.
Coordination: Dancehall dance involves a lot of coordination, rhythm, and timing, which can help improve your overall body control and balance. The intricate footwork and arm movements require a high level of motor skills and coordination, which can improve your reflexes and reaction time. As you become more proficient in dancehall dance, you’ll find that your coordination and balance improve both on and off the dance floor.
In addition to these physical benefits, dancehall dance can also be a great way to relieve stress, boost your mood, and increase your social confidence. Overall, dancehall dance is a fun and rewarding way to stay active and healthy.
Looking for Dancehall dance Shoes or African dance Shoes?
We would usually use flat sole dance shoes for dancehall. but some dancers really like high heels and in order to give more sassy look, use some African dance shoes style for their performances and dances. Here are some of our recommendations and favourite!
Browse for other dance shoes
- Comfort and support: Dance shoes that are designed specifically for dancing provide superior support and comfort to the feet. They are made with high-quality materials that help reduce the risk of injuries, such as blisters or sprains, and allow dancers to move more freely and confidently.
- Durability: Premium quality dance shoes are made to last. They are constructed with materials that can withstand the wear and tear of regular use, meaning that dancers won’t have to replace their dancing shoes as frequently.
- Functionality: Dance shoes are designed to meet the unique needs of different styles of dance. For example, ballet shoes have a flexible sole that allows for pointe work, while tap shoes have metal plates on the soles to create a distinct sound. High-quality dance shoes are designed to function well for the specific style of dance, helping to improve the dancer’s overall performance.
- Appearance: High-quality dance shoes not only perform well but also look great. They are often designed with aesthetics in mind, so they can complement a dancer’s outfit and enhance their overall appearance.
- Confidence: Wearing premium quality latin dance shoes can give dancers a confidence boost. When they know they are wearing shoes that are designed for their specific style of dance and are of high quality, they can focus on their performance without worrying about their shoes.
Dancehall Moves Names
There are many dancehall moves with various names. Here are a some of our favourites:
Bogle: This move is named after the late dancer Gerald “Bogle” Levy, who is considered a legend in the dancehall community. The Bogle involves a series of quick, jerky movements of the legs and arms.
Daggering: This is a controversial dancehall move that involves simulated sexual activity. It’s usually performed by a male dancer and involves jumping and thrusting onto a partner.
Wine: This is a sensual movement of the hips and waist, often performed by female dancers. It involves a slow, circular motion of the hips.
Nuh Linga: This move was popularized by dancehall artist Elephant Man and involves a series of intricate footwork and body movements.
Shampoo: This move involves kicking one leg out to the side and then hopping over it with the other leg. It’s a high-energy move that’s often performed in dancehall competitions.
Willie Bounce: This move involves bouncing on the balls of the feet while twisting the hips and waving the arms.
Gully Creeper: This move involves crouching down low to the ground and then creeping forward on the balls of the feet.